ARC-8 // Front & Rear: 17x8" ET20 with 235/40-17 tires
Vehicles Covered in this Guide
All years of E30 M3.
Available Wheel Designs (click images to enlarge)
All APEX wheel designs are available for this chassis.
|Bolt Pattern||Thread Pitch||Center Bore|
Performance Street, Track, or Race Fitments
ARC-8 // Front: 17x8" ET20 with 245/35-17 tires // Rear: 17x8.5" ET20 ARC-8 with 245/35-17 tires
Recommended for most types of street and performance driving. Allows proper front-to-rear tire rotation to extend tire life & improve handling balance.
- Front & Rear: 17x8" ET20 with 215/40-17 tires
- Direct fit.
- Available in Profile 1 (non-concave) ARC-8 design only.
- Clears most big brake kits up to with rotors up to 355mm. Some kits may still require spacers. Contact us to confirm.
- 235/40-17 tires can also be used, but will require front negative camber and may require rolled rear fenders depending on tire brand and compound.
- Direct fit.
- Front & Rear: 17x8.5" ET20 with 215/40-17 tires
- Available in Profile 3 (deep concave) ARC-8 design only.
- 235/40-17 tires can also be used, but this will require quite a bit of negative camber up front and potential fender roll/negative camber in the rear. This tire size is very aggressive and not recommended for customers wanting a direct fit.
- Will not clear big brake kits.
- May require front spacers to clear certain aftermarket coilovers.
- Front & Rear: 18x8.5" ET35 with 215/35-18 tires
- Front and rear 15mm spacers required.
- May require larger front spacers to clear certain aftermarket coilovers.
Recommended for highly tuned or swapped cars that need additional rear traction to put down the power.
- Front: 17x8" ET20 with 215/40-17 tires
Rear: 17x8.5" ET20 with 235/40-17 tires
- Rolled rear fenders may be required depending on tire brand and compound.
Additional Fitment Information
Concavity & Face Profiles
Each of our wheel designs is available in two or three different levels of concavity, which we call Profiles. The Profile is dictated by the width and offset, meaning wide lower-offset wheels will have more concavity, while narrow higher-offset wheels will have less concavity.
Available Face Profiles
To determine the face profile of a specific wheel visit the "Specifications" tab on the product page for that wheel. For example:
Identifying Aftermarket Suspension Types
If you’re using coilovers, see the image below to identify which type of coilover spring you have, as it may effect your wheel fitment. Lowering springs (Eibach, H&R, Dinan, etc) and shocks (Bilstein, Koni, etc) do not effect inner clearance.
About Camber Plates
Adjustable camber plates do more than just aid in wide wheel and tire fitment. They provide increased grip and reduced tire wear by spreading the load evenly during cornering. Learn more in our blog article, The Positives of Negative Camber, then see our E30 M3 camber plate page here.
Big Brake Kit Clearances
We have tested many big brake kits with the wheels listed in this guide. Please email us with any questions related to brake clearance, we’ll be happy to help.