Vehicle Covered in this Guide
2005-2012 Porsche 911 Carrera 4, 4S, Turbo, Turbo S, GTS, GT3RS, GT2. Fitment is nearly identical throughout all models.
An evolution of the 996, the widebody 997 has grown to become the go-to Porsche track day platform and for good reason. Maintaining the same suspension geometry as its elder sibling, the 997 can easily accommodate some very wide tires and lay down a wide track. However, major improvements can be made in the wheel and tire department over the stock configuration.
|Bolt Pattern||Thread Pitch||Center Bore|
- Front: 18x8.5” ET42 with 245/40-18 tires
Rear: 18x11” ET36 with 295/35-18 tires
- Requires at least 1.2 degrees of front negative camber.
- Rear 305/35-18 or 315/30-18 tires may also be used as a direct fit.
This fitment is ideal for enthusiasts looking for a flush fitment with street tires, or for performance driving enthusiasts who have the ability to dial in negative camber with wider track compounds. Not only will this help prolong tire life and offer better turn-in, but it’ll create more clearance between the tire shoulder and car’s fender.
Performance Street/Track or Race Fitment
- Front: 18x9” ET46 with 245/40-18 tires
Rear: 18x12” ET45 with 305/35-18 or 315/30-18 tires
- Requires at least 2 degrees of front negative camber.
- 255/35-18 may also be used but will require at least 2.5 degrees of front negative camber.
- 265/35-18 and 335/30-18 tires may also be used but will require at least 3.0 degrees of front negative camber.
These fitments are effective for both weekend and dedicated track warriors. This no-compromise fitment is ideal for track use where enthusiasts want to maximize front and rear end grip, providing for an incredibly neutral and aggressive setup. The 9” front and 12” rear wheel will provide superior sidewall support for wider tires, and it relies on aggressive negative camber specifications for proper fender clearance. Since you'll be using all available real estate under the fender arches to accommodate this wider configuration, mild modifications are likely necessary. A mixture of negative camber and rolled rear fenders are typically advised to ensure proper utilization of these extreme setups. Maximizes both front and rear tire width.
Big Brake Kit Clearances
The following brake setups have been tested and confirmed to clear:
- OEM 380mm 6-pot PCCB - fits all
- Brembo 1M1.9007A1, 380mm 6-pot - fits 18x8.5" ET42 & 18x9" ET46 only
- Brembo 1M1.9004A1, 355mm 6-pot - fits all
- StopTech 83.780.4700.61 355mm 4-pot - fits all
- StopTech 83.796.6800.XX 380mm 6-pot - call to confirm
- StopTech 83.781.6900.XX, 380mm 6-pot - call to confirm
Please email or call us with any other questions related to brake clearance and we’ll be happy to help.
Still have questions?
Fill out our Fitment Recommendation form
Call us: 925-245-0773
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org